 Space / 5832
Re: Mark's Lego Creation Update! 1/5/01
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 23:59:53 GMT

I liked the IPS freighter more.  There are so many combat models
appearing that I've grown numb.  It seems that I'm not the only one.  You
recieved many more replys to the freighter (unfortunately negative) than
this newest of your line of awe-inspiring models.  Maybe it's just me but I
think we need to see more non-militant models.

Well, I agree on that count. I have built plenty of military-type models
myself, but I love to see things that are non-military. It's too bad you
discovered LUGNet after I held my civilian space vehicle contest back in
August.

I have to agree, Mark!  I think that there should be more non-miltary models
getting posted.  Military fighters seem to be the easiest military ship to
build because they are small and relatively light on the number of pieces,
but there is so much more functionality out there that could be modelled.
Like Jon Palmer's space tug from a while back.  I really like to see high
and low detailed industrial ships (partially because mine are bit on the low
side) with a specific function in mind.  Show how the primary function
works, and there your have it:  A perfectly good MOC in my book.  :-)

By the way, does anybody know if Dan Jassim is working on another big
moc or has he simply slowed down for a while?

I chatted with him on the phone Friday night and he said he'd designed a new
carrier with an interesting way for the fighters to dock. I'm looking
forward to seeing it.

~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin

Arrrgghhh...blast it!  I'm still working on mine because of the inspiration
I got from his last one!  Beaten to the punch again.  Oh well.  :-|  I will
have to resort to a 1x2 decorated tile of minifig dynomite.

I patiently await your next MOC, Mark.

~Trev
Astro Lift Co.