 Space / 5400
  Griffon Industries asks other Space Authoritys...

What do you look for in a heavy-fighter/bomber. We are going to venture out and make one. It has been named the Beher, for a student who has died at my school recently. Griffon Industries 'All I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by...' (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Griffon Industries asks other Space Authoritys...

(...) Things needed for a heavy fighter/bomber: 1: an inclosed cockpit (possible room to move around?) 2: multiple crew (pilot, copilot, gunner optional) 3: HEAVY weaponry (heavy lasers, missles, turrets, drones) 4: features (escape pod, lots of (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Griffon Industries asks other Space Authoritys...

(...) fighter! Now I don't want to open this can of worms again but I still do not understand why everyone seems to equate heavy fighters with large fighters. Am I the only one who does not mindlessly use the Star Wars tech model. I am not trying to (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.space)

Mark Sandlin wrote in message ... (...) Same reason we _have_ to put gun turrets on our dropships, Mark! --{} Cheers, Paul LUGNET member 164 (URL) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Griffon Industries asks other Space Authoritys...

I think most of us like making large detailed models that look cool. Small fighter = light, heavy fighter = big I don't understand why you insist on applying your own, personal LEGO technology to the rest of us. If you like to make small fighters (...) (24 years ago, 17-Dec-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Griffon Industries asks other Space Authoritys...

(...) I have to agree with Mark. I used to make really small ships and would say that they had the most unstoppable firepower. For some people, that's fine and dandy. But then I found that although I could imagine it, some people could not (...) (24 years ago, 17-Dec-00, to lugnet.space)

  RE: Griffon Industries asks other Space Authoritys...

(...) "Detailed stuff looks cool" about sums it up, in my opinion. I don't try to classify my creations because I don't build to any specific scale...I guess you could say I'm like John Neal in that respect...4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16 wide, 24 (...) (24 years ago, 17-Dec-00, to lugnet.space)

  (canceled)

  Re: Griffon Industries asks other Space Authoritys...

(...) Consider the Battletech rules as a point of comparison. 'Mechs are classified as Light, Medium, Heavy, or Assault based on tonnage, NOT firepower. It's just a general indication; a light 'Mech with a lot of armament has to make sacrifices in (...) (24 years ago, 17-Dec-00, to lugnet.space)