 Space / 5432
Re: Griffon Industries asks other Space Authoritys...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 09:03:17 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin writes:
I think most of us like making large detailed models that look cool. Small
fighter = light, heavy fighter = big

I don't understand why you insist on applying your own, personal LEGO
technology to the rest of us. If you like to make small fighters and say
they're heavy, that's great. Good for you.

Why should the rest of us have to build to your standards?

~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin

I have to agree with Mark.  I used to make really small ships and would say
that they had the most unstoppable firepower.  For some people, that's fine
and dandy.  But then I found that although I could imagine it, some people
could not appreciate my models fully unless I actually showed them the
goods.  So, now I make fighters that show my armaments.  If they looks
small, I make a point of stating that my fighters are actually "inferior",
like my FX91 Dragoon (it can't fly faster than light; it's heavily
outmatched against havey fighters and some mediums; it has a realively short
range; it relys on a nearby station or capital ship for maintenance and
fuel).  This way when I actually get around to making a true "heavy
fighter", I can put a lot more detail into making the fighter look heavy and
mean.

Of course, my technology is far from starwars.  My fighters are just
throwbacks from an early 21st century style.  Oh well.  I'd get my but
kicked going up agains one of Mark's Eiranders.  :)

None of this means the Fang design is bad.  I personally like the Fang
fighter design.

~Trev
Astro Lift Co.