 Space / 5410
Re: Griffon Industries asks other Space Authoritys...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 03:45:43 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jonathan Mizner writes:
In lugnet.space, Rick Hallman writes:
What do you look for in a heavy-fighter/bomber. We are going to venture out
and make one. It has been named the Beher, for a student who has died at my
school recently.

Griffon Industries
'All I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by...'
Rick Hallman

Things needed for a heavy fighter/bomber:
1: an inclosed cockpit (possible room to move around?)
2: multiple crew (pilot, copilot, gunner optional)
3: HEAVY weaponry (heavy lasers, missles, turrets, drones)
4: features (escape pod, lots of engines, swing wings, nameplate(flat plate),
  landing gear, entry ramp, detachable pods)
5: a good design

Good luck building.  Sorry for not being specific-just build a large
fighter!

Now I don't want to open this can of worms again but I still do not understand
why everyone seems to equate heavy fighters with large fighters.  Am I the only
one who does not mindlessly use the Star Wars tech model.  I am not trying to
be difficult but I seriously do not understand this mindset most of you seem to
be in.

-Lord Insanity (who still regards his FL-430 "Fang" as heavy assult fighter.)