 Space / 5452
Re: Griffon Industries asks other Space Authoritys...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 18:45:31 GMT

Now I don't want to open this can of worms again but I still do not understand
why everyone seems to equate heavy fighters with large fighters

Consider the Battletech rules as a point of comparison.  'Mechs are
classified as Light, Medium, Heavy, or Assault based on tonnage, NOT
firepower.  It's just a general indication; a light 'Mech with a lot of
armament has to make sacrifices in speed, armor, heat sinks, etc.

It's the same thing with spacecraft; if you're packing in a lot of weapons
systems for a small fighter, something else has to get sacrificed.  It may
be a great design nonetheless.  The designation just gives an idea of
overall size.

Peter