 Space / 4401
Re: Some important GS issues
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 00:55:18 GMT

-What do you guys think of the categories so far? Are they named
appropriatly?
Are some misleading?

No, they're not misleading - it's going to happen that someone will
interpret a "bomber" differently than the next.  The point is that people
are trying, and that's what makes it fun.

-Should there be more? If there were more specialized sections would that be
confusing? Would a long menu bar be annoying?

-Should I have less categories?

No less, please.

-What do you think about the order of the categories? Biggest to smallest or
grouped by type?

Both: heavy, medium, and small could be in order for each type of craft.

-Furthermore how is the menu bar working anyway? Is it helping you find a
ship effectively? Easy to navigate?

Works now.  Great!

-Should I always have a Capital ship section or should I split the ships up
into their respective categories? (like have a carrier section, a destroyer
section, a freighter section...)

Well again, people interprete a capital ship differently.

For example, I orginally created my destroyer class ships as an attempt on a
capital ship of my own.  I now have the pieces now to create a capital ship
on the scale of the A-wing Carrier or maybe 2/3 of the Bardiel (way more
basic plates), but then I wouldn't be able to build anything else.

Also, my destroyer is only 25 crew strong because I focused a lot on the
features inside the ship. I also put a mental limit on my size so that I'd
be able to transport, move and/or store it.

I still aptly described the role of the destroyer:  trade route (or border)
patrol, platetary defense, and attack/defense escort for larger craft (like
the A-Wing Carrier).  Maybe a breakdown like what your suggesting would be
good after all.

Site looks great!  Keep up the good work!

Trev