 Space / 4390
Re: Classic Space set 6888
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 19:55:29 GMT

In lugnet.build.contests, Bram Lambrecht writes:
Anyone heard of this set before?  I scanned the instruction manual:
--Bram

Arghgggghh!
Please don't post things like this without a disclaimer noting clearly that
it's NOT A REAL SET!  Even in the context of this contest, it's still SOOOO
cruel to make it sound real it first when it's not April Fool's Day.

What'll certainly happen (just watch!) is that your article labelled "Classic
Space set 6888" will get marked as "Spotlight" by a few people and it will
appear on the homepage.  Someone who's a die-hard Space collector (like me,
or Dave Lovelace, or Matt Chiles) will see it, recognize that 6888 wasn't a
real number, and freak out with excitement.  Then they'll click in and see
a beautful set, to be sure, but it's not real.  What a disappointment.  :-(

That said,
Great job!!!!!!!!!   It's wonderful!!!!!!!!

--Todd