 Space / 421
Re: Is there a parts inventory of space sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 05:24:01 GMT

John J. Ladasky Jr. wrote in message <38252FA1.11C40DC1@my-deja.com>...
I see a lot of complete sets for auction, and of course for sale.  If I • want
a large quantity of a certain element, it would be helpful to know which
parts are contained in each set, how many, and in what color.

I suppose that one could figure this out by looking at the Brickshelf • sheets
for every *old* set as it comes up for sale or auction, but this could get
tedious.  For "new" (post-1996?) sets, Brickshelf does not have a scan of • the
instruction sheet (are there copyright reasons for this?).

--
John J. Ladasky Jr., Ph.D.
Department of Structural Biology

John,
I have taken inventories for over 200 different sets and accessory packs.  I
keep the inventories in an Access database.  Most of my sets are from '97 or
later (due to my dark ages), but I'd be happy to mail you the inventory for
any set I've done.  In fact, I'd provide an inventory for any set you supply
me with :)  I do have some earlier sets, but these are almost always used
sets, so the won't have the 'extra parts' or the box, etc.

Also, if you have a particular part you're interested in I could tell you
what sets (of the ones I've inventoried at least) it comes in, and in what
quantities.

I'd be happy to provide you (or anyone) with any info that I have.  I do the
inventories for my own enjoyment, but its nice to be able to share it with
others.

Kim