 Space / 41475
Re: New Graphic (was New MOC: Bloobit Mecha)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2008 02:46:48 GMT

Hi Richie, the shadow effect is actually kind of easy to do. The trick is, once
you have the subject selected, copy then select inverse, and fill with 100%
opacity.

Then use the transform/distort and grab the upper handles of the selection box
and drag it evenly down and outwards away from the subject.

Reduce the opacity and hit it with a little Gaussian Blur.

About the floor color. I agree. Usually it is not good practice to have the
subject and foreground/background to be the same color.

However, in this case I wanted to present a realm where the Mecha is styled and
colored to reflect the enviornment it operates in.

Either way thank you for your observation.
I really liked seeing your work on the Pointe Brique display. Way to go.

Eric