 Space / 41038
Re: MOC: Super Galaxy Explorer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2007 21:45:00 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jeff Findley wrote:
   In lugnet.space, David Simmons wrote:
   BTW, what did you think of the ship? :-)

I did forget to comment on the ship, didn’t I?

For the most part, I like it. The colors are, of course, very good for a Classic Space creation. :-)

I really like the detachable ship and the way that the two compartments seal after separation. The size is great and I thought the double thick wings helped with the “big” look. The top of the ship is very Classic Space.

Thanks Jeff! At first I had a full layer of bricks between the plates on the big ship, but when I was working on the detachable ship I made the wings with just the one layer of plates and BOOM, another V-8 moment!

   I didn’t like the little bits you added to the backs of the 4x4x2 cone (engine) pieces and thought the bottom of the (big) ship was a bit busy what with the retractable landing gear and all. I think those two things took away from the Classic Space look a bit.

I’m not totally happy with them either. I just wanted to do something that didn’t say “yet more Classic Space engines.” Based on my recent success with solving some recent photography problems, I might change some things and take some new pictures.

As for the bottom, I agree it’s a bit cluttered. However, I’ve seen so many MOC’s criticized for not having underside detail (a challenge I’ll agree is worth it!) that I guess I went a bit overboard here, but eh, waddyagonnado? :-)

Thanks for the feedback!

Dave S.