 Space / 40705
    Neo-Classic-Space Freighter WIP —Aaron M. Sneary
   I feel like its mostly done, design wise. But would love suggestions on polishing and touch up final steps. (2 URLs) The white containers snap to the beam for transport. LMKWYT Aaron (17 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.space, FTX) !

        Re: Neo-Classic-Space Freighter WIP —Wolf Read
     (...) Aaron, That's AWESOME! I want to build one of those, too! The modular freight idea is most excellent--that answers some things that I've been thinking about, too. I've been thinking about detachable fuel tanks... Same thing, really. From the (...) (17 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.space, FTX)

         Re: Neo-Classic-Space Freighter WIP —Aaron M. Sneary
      (...) Thanks Wolf! Your recent CS designs got me thinking about this, so you're partially to blame. Yep, I noticed the obvious absence of those pieces this morning, looking at the photos. I will definitely add that change to the list of things to (...) (17 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.space, FTX)

          Re: Neo-Classic-Space Freighter WIP —Wolf Read
      (...) Aaron, Glad to know I'm helping inspire more Space in people! I put together a smaller ship in your style--doesn't come close to the coolness of yours. But I'll keep fiddling. There's much possibility in those wings! -best, Wolf (17 years ago, 21-Jan-07, to lugnet.space, FTX)

         Re: Neo-Classic-Space Freighter WIP —Jeff Findley
     (...) Firstly, I agree with your comments about the design and also like the modular containers. How about a modular container that is fuel tanks plus an auxillary engine? I'm thinking back to the Space: 1999 Eagle where there was an episode or two (...) (17 years ago, 18-Jan-07, to lugnet.space, FTX)

         Re: Neo-Classic-Space Freighter WIP —Wolf Read
     (...) Jeff, I like that idea! And I'll probably look into it as my next spaceship develops. Looking at those Eagle pictures made me wonder... Has anyone made a Space 1999 Eagle in minifig scale? Might be a fun and challenging project. -best, Wolf (17 years ago, 21-Jan-07, to lugnet.space, FTX)

         Re: Neo-Classic-Space Freighter WIP —Jeff Findley
     (...) Scroll down to the last picture on this page (the pictures at the top look like they use huge stickers to fake the upper truss structure). (URL) This last picture (without stickers) looks pretty good to me. The SNOT on the command module is (...) (17 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: Neo-Classic-Space Freighter WIP —David Simmons
   (...) Hey Aaron, For me, the essence of the appeal of Classic Space is in its simplicity. I think you've really captured that with this model. I love the brick work on the wings instead of plates. I've been trying to go studless with most of my (...) (17 years ago, 23-Jan-07, to lugnet.space, FTX)