 Space / 40747
Re: Neo-Classic-Space Freighter WIP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2007 07:53:16 GMT

In lugnet.space, Aaron M. Sneary wrote:
   I feel like its mostly done, design wise. But would love suggestions on polishing and touch up final steps.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aaronsneary/359114188/in/photostream/

The white containers snap to the beam for transport.

LMKWYT

Aaron

Hey Aaron,

For me, the essence of the appeal of Classic Space is in its simplicity. I think you’ve really captured that with this model. I love the brick work on the wings instead of plates. I’ve been trying to go studless with most of my models now, as blurring the obvious “Lego-ness” of any model usually elicits some kudos. The long shaft out to the rear engine assembly echos the Discovery from “2001.” VERY groovy. Need more pics tho, especially on how the containers attach.

You’ve inspired me to get off my duff and get crackin’ on photographing my super Galaxy Explorer, which I posted a teaser pic of here like a billion years ago.

Dave s.