 Space / 40504
Re: Jim Spaceborn?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.books, lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2006 21:58:51 GMT

In lugnet.books, Dirk van Zuilen wrote:
I have no idea about part three.
Like the idea though.

Quoting from:
http://lambiek.net/artists/m/madsen_frank.htm
In January 1984, Madsen was contracted by the LEGO toy company's publishing
division to produce a comic series based on their space theme. For the next
four years Frank Madsen drew three 48-page albums and three 24-page
mini-albums with the science-fiction hero 'Jim Spaceborn'.

From:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=2&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kurtdunder.dk%2Fpdf%2Fforeign%2520rights%2520catalogue%25202.pdf&ei=AmcQRZ_sM5ywaLv7zJ0I&sig=__dEoY1gffcSmxd8mdOOuCxbUFvxY=&sig2=yrzKuqiwZgQbpTwP5r8Ykw#search=%22jim%20spaceborn%20madsen%20frank%22
For LEGO he wrote and illustrated three 48 page graphic novels with Jim
Spaceborn, which were published in various countries throughout Europe.

So in theory, the 3rd book exists, although I have yet to find any references to
the actual title, let alone any cover art or anything.

I'll see about taking pictures of the building instructions from part one
once I get my camera back.

Cool!

DaveE