 Space / 40446
Re: Welcome To The 25th Century
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2006 03:04:31 GMT

Sometimes white can be a
difficult color to build in, I think: almost as hard as blue.

What is the back compartment? For smuggling? cargo? Women?

Funny stuff, btw.

-Avery

Avery,
Now that you mention it I do believe you are right about blue... It is a
difficult color to build with.  Most blue pieces are basic bricks, and the color
blue that Lego uses is so bright that it's hard to build anything with realism.
In the television program the starfighter was a two seater and both pilots faced
the same direction with the rear passenger having to look out of the forward
canopy. The back hatch is an attempt to put the "windows" in the right spot but
not big enough to smoosh another minifig into.  I made it a hatch back like all
good '70's designs.  I believe that Buck would have tried to put "two" women
back there (he was an unspeakable cad - translate as moonraker derivative)!  JOn