 Space / 40441
Re: Welcome To The 25th Century
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2006 16:44:10 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Jon Furman wrote:
   What happens when the United States last manned deep space probe is frozen by “powers beyond all comprehension”? Obviously it will return to earth 500 years later, providing the female population of outer space the opportunity to see how a real man pilots futuristic spacecraft.

For your consideration I present the Earth Defense Force 25th Century Starfighter. Technologically capable of hypersonic flight, yet intuitively designed to accommodate aces from the 1980’s.

**snip**

   Proudly piloted by the 20th century’s hippest smart alec astronaut: Captain William “Buck” Rogers.

Thank you Glen A. Larson

That’s terrific! I always wanted to build one when I was young, but I never had the right pieces. A clunky spaceblob built of white 2x4 bricks seemed to miss the exact flavor.

You could probably even cobble together a Princess Ardala figure from Slave-Leia and assorted bits.

Nice work!

Dave!