 Space / 39925
  Little Gyrocopter

Hi all, I was browsing the CSF concept art section yesterday and saw (URL) this> little beauty. I really liked the simplicity the design and since I hadn't designed anything new for a while decided to make my version of it. (2 URLs) BS gallery> (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: Little Gyrocopter

(...) The side intakes are really neat. Definitely keep that! More detail on the upper intakes would be nice. I like the look of the drooping nose, but it does hang awfully low. It doesn't look like the gun could shoot any where near level. The gun (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Little Gyrocopter

--SNIP-- (...) Thanks for your comments Tony. Interestingly (although probably unsurprisingly) you've pointed out the two things I felt were weakest: the gun and the side engines. Unfortantely I couldn't think of any better way to do either so (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Little Gyrocopter

(...) For the side engines, perhaps a stud-rearward section with the bottom of a 1x1 brick on the front. Or if you have a stud forward, you could use one of (URL) these> or (URL) for the intake detail. There are always tradeoffs between trying to (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Little Gyrocopter

(...) Now this is a) easy to do with the existing snotwork, b) very effective and c) prototypical so why didn't I think of it. Thanks very much for that suggestion I'll get started on it immediately. (...) I'm fine with that for trains (it's one of (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.space, FTX)