 Space / 38598
Re: Moonbase corridor ideas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 02:54:05 GMT

"Leonard Hoffman" <lahoffma@mailer.fsu.edu> wrote in message
news:IFL37q.1Ju4@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer wrote:
Rob Hendrix wrote:
Why not make a service corridor  on the bottom wide enough for vehicles?

R06

A few people are mentioning this. It seems like the wide-corridor topic
is popping up again.

I've always thought wide corridors would do more harm than good, but...

Should we add a ground-level wide corridor?
For that matter, should we add a wide corridor for every height?

Everyone let me know what you think. We'll take a poll on here and on
CSF if we need to.

I agree with Jon.  Everyone wants a different width for wide corridors,
and what
if no one else builds wide corridors?  Interiors of moonbases are rarely
viewable anyways.. I just don't really see the point.

-Lenny

Look, you gotta do it to be as good or better the train guys and their
double standards.  I mean they have to have something to disagree on (train
width).  6 wide!!!  8 wide!!

Right now you have a corridor barely wide enough for a minifig and that's
the standard.  But if you added a "8 wide" equivelant then you would one-up
the train people again, have a double standard, something to argue about, a
new corridor for larger equipment, and happier minifigs who can pass each
other in the hall without going cheek to cheek...

r06