 Space / 38452
Re: New MOC: RedTail air-racer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 25 Mar 2005 20:08:48 GMT

In lugnet.space, brent skadan wrote:
Hi,

Had some time off this week and decided to slap this one together. It is
heavily inspired by the GeeBee air-racer of the 30's and a fish I ate the
other day.

Sweet!  Nice landing gear.  But it's gotta be a bugger to land and taxi!  ;]

While the overall shape is not terribly aerodynamic, with the straight wings
and all, I really wanted something that would look a future/retro --  and a
straight wing is the way to go. Anyway I have as yet not been able to build a
satisfactorily realistic swoop back wing. Nevertheless, I like the straight
wing (un-like my wife who thinks it is chunky).

Well, as long as you don't expect it to go very fast, the straight wing looks
okay.  But you can forget about high subsonic speeds.  Or just claim
that the wings auto-sweep back at higher speeds and it only looks straight
on the ground  ;]   Roll rate is going to be a pig, too.  But it still looks
great!   :]

KDJ
LUGNETer #203