 Space / 37484
Re: Steel Falcon racer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 2004 17:10:42 GMT

In lugnet.space, Chris McNamee wrote:

Maybe this is bad timing, considering all the other issues going on, but hey, here’s another MOC for you guys and gals. I’ve been reading the issues lately, and personally, I don’t want to say a darn thing. None of it’s really important, only the Legos are important, so I don’t really care. Anyways, here’s my newest...

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/6601

I dunno what’s with all my new racers lately, I’m not particularly fond of defenseless ships, but hey, they look really cool. And we all love big, powerful engines. Much of this was a study in greebling and SNOT techniques, and I think it turned out all right. Tell me what you think!

Chris McNamee

P.S. If anyone would be so kind as to tell me how to make a cool picture show up instead of just a boring URL on the posting screen, please tell me!

Man, it’s always a good time to show off a new MOC.

Pictures go like so, (just click on “view raw message” on any message to see how it’s done. Don’t be scared by what you see, just look for the links and learn...it’s worked for me.):

That’s a thumbnail of one of yours. I wouldn’t put one of your whole pictures in a post as they are rather wide. I do appreciate that you’ve cropped them so there isn’t extraneous background taking up space, but I suggest you make a smaller version of one of the pics (say 480 pixels wide) to go in your posts.

Here’s a pic that’s also a link:

I see what you are saying about the stripes but, your stripes are more like blocks; a few more and it could look like some kind of camouflage. Keep trying, you’ll get there. (or, you could come over to the colouful side...)

Note Keith’s use of this part for visual texture or are they vents or something?...Masterful.

But, hey, Keith was young once. Here’s his earlier use of the roof ridge technique:

Muy camouflagesque, n’est pas?

I would agree with the general consensus on your racer, but remember, people see something in your work to make it worth suggesting improvements. You’ve got the form, the landing gear, the ever-difficult JSF canopy well-used, greebling, SNOT, big engines...Keep building.

Peace and big engines,

Professor Whateverly

P.S. Don’t forget to choose FTX as your message format... and keep previewing until it turns out right.