 Space / 37460
Re: Steel Falcon racer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 2004 03:20:33 GMT

In lugnet.space, Chris McNamee wrote:
   http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/6601

I dunno what’s with all my new racers lately, I’m not particularly fond of defenseless ships, but hey, they look really cool. And we all love big, powerful engines. Much of this was a study in greebling and SNOT techniques, and I think it turned out all right. Tell me what you think!

Hey Chris!

I like this alot. Its got a great shape, and you’ve shown good use of complex building techniques.

But I think with a bit of modification, it could change from a “good” moc to a “great” one.

I like the blue & gray, with a hint of sand blue color scheme, but I feel it needs some unification in the nose/front section. Perhaps if you grouped the blue together, a district strip or styling could arise. At the moment, the switch between gray and blue seems almost random along the side of the nose.

I really like the front of the engines, but it gets weak towards the back. The wheels seem tacked on, there appears to be no flow between the nicely sculpted front and the wheel in the back. If I may be so bold, I suggest looking here, perhaps something there might spark your imagination.

Finally, it seems you built a great top and sides, but then forgot about the bottom. In space, there is no up and down ;) If you sculpt the bottom as much as the top, this craft could be killer. Also, those robot bodies come in darkgray, it might look better than tan. Although, come to think of it, if you integrated more tan into the craft, blue, gray, and tan might look quite well together.

Anyway, a fine craft. I hope my little tidbits of advice helped.

~Kevoh