 Space / 37234
Re: IRONCLAD Space Frigate 34
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 2004 21:17:37 GMT

In lugnet.space, Justin Harvey wrote:
Hey all!

I just got done taking pictures and uploading them on Brickshelf of my new
space MOC, IRONCLAD Space Frigate.

Here's the rest of the folder with more pictures including the engine.

The overall shape and balance are cool, and I like the greebling along the top
near the rear.  The black pod things on the sides back there are neat too.

The interior access looks really good.  The simple rectangular shape is really
obvious when the side panels are off, but the details that you have on the
surface and the nose shape are just enough to make the overall shape work.

And the size- it looks like it's just small enough to still be swooshable.  I
like that.  And with the stud-sidways panels, I'd bet it can take the stresses
too.  Hm... but those fins might be a problem.

But there are a couple of areas that seem a bit unfinished.  The sides could be
spruced up quite easily- even a 1-stud wide contrasting stripe along each side
of the 2x plates would make a huge difference.  Greebling in that area or adding
random larger equipment would work too.  The other area that stands out is
inside the nose.  There is a small round part in the center... is that the
missile tube?  Then there's all that unused space around it.  You could put all
kinds of fun stuff in there.  And having long narrow bits poking out of a large
shrouded hole always looks cool.

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com