 Space / 36881
Re: MOC: C4X Glimmerwing Fast Transport
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 6 Nov 2004 23:02:57 GMT

In lugnet.space, Brian McLean wrote:
   The Glimmerwing is a fast transport cargo ship with a 1 man crew. Designed for hauling moderate amounts of freight quickly, it has oversized engines and roughly 60% of the ship (by fuselage volume, not including engines) is cargo space. Accomodations for the pilot include a Nutri-Mat, bed, & potty for those multi-day runs (yeah, no shower. Hey, it’s a one man ship, get used to it).
snippity dippity

This ship rocks. I think I saw some poor shots of it among the NWBRickcon photos, and was like “What’s that big chunky white ship? Looks interesting.” And interesting it is. I love this thing, it has just the right amount of chunkiness, and some great understated greebling. I like both the front cockpit and the top one, though if it’s a one man ship, I don’t entirely see the need. I think the front one might looke better if it was a blockier canopy piece (because so much of it is blocked by the hull anyways) but I could be wrong. Once I saw this, it really got me thinking and sketching a nice large hauler of my own. I’d been stuck on shuttle ideas for awhile, and I now realize, thanks to you, that it was because they were all too small. Expect to see my tribute to this thing in another 6 months ;)

Dan Rubin