 Space / 36880
Re: MOC: C4X Glimmerwing Fast Transport
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 6 Nov 2004 22:15:03 GMT

In lugnet.space, Brian McLean wrote:
   The Glimmerwing is a fast transport cargo ship with a 1 man crew. Designed for hauling moderate amounts of freight quickly, it has oversized engines and roughly 60% of the ship (by fuselage volume, not including engines) is cargo space. Accomodations for the pilot include a Nutri-Mat, bed, & potty for those multi-day runs (yeah, no shower. Hey, it’s a one man ship, get used to it).

I gotta tell you Brian, that is one pretty hauler. Without a doubt, I can say those are the best looking engines I have ever seen on a ship. I haven’t been around as much as most people, but my original thought was “what did he just glue to a LEGO ship for that?” The shape is very pleasing to the eyes, and the overall compactness of the design gives it a mean fast look.

It has got to be one of my favorite spaceships, definitely my choice of function (cargo), and overall one of the best looking models I’ve seen on here. The landing gear and cargo bay are icing on the cake.

Well done. I knew it would take another Brian to produce something this nice. ;-)

-Brian P. Gefrich