 Space / 36231
Steampunk: Monowheels, transportation for the new millennium
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 00:02:24 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Dr. Ryu invites you down to the showroom to try out the latest in single wheel transportation. We have two new models in stock just waiting for you! The XJ45 with dual traction is perfect for the long commute between your workshop and the castle. If you are looking at off road terrain, the RJ409 will take you over the roughest with little or no gerbelling.

Large video XJ45.mov - small RJ409.mov - small
All clockwork guaranteed for the life of the owner. If it kills you we’ll replace it.

   Dr. Ryu
Chief Spark
RustyClank.com

About these models

These are wholly inspired by the real life monowheels that a variety of people have built. Check out The Riot Wheel as well as Motorwheels

I’ve dissected the insides of each of the wheels starting here. Key photos are here and here.

In other news, I finally got a clear shot of the canopy mechanism for the Castle Ryu Flyer.

Dan