 Space / 35981
Re: New MOC: Mining waldo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 23:22:41 GMT

In lugnet.space, Edward Welsh wrote:
Sweet Waldo, Will!  You think it's any good at digging cheese out of the
moon? Or is it better at making toast?

Hmm. Without wishing to turn this into off-topic.geek fodder, I think that
the flamey thing would melt the cheese, which would then clog up the works.

Toast seems more practical, but would require a deft touch on the trigger
to avoid excess burnination.

I dig your photography.  Makes the whole thing look like it's been dipped
in honey.  Mmmm!

I looked at them again, and I see what you mean. I think this was down to
shooting with a mixture of halogen spots and the little on-camera flash with
a paper diffuser over it. This has two effects - you get lots of specular
highlights from the different sources, and you utterly confuse the camera's
white-balance. I corrected the yellow cast in Photoshop, but didn't get it
completely out of the grey. I reckon that's the honey right there.

I still prefer natural light for Lego pictures - I think it defines the
shapes really well.

Thanks for the comments!

Cheers,

Will