 Space / 35036
Re: 3rd CMC entry: Hoverbus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 17 Jul 2004 15:26:49 GMT

Stop! you’re making me blush!.. Oh no! wait, I mean keep it coming!!! :-D

   I’m most impressed with this MOC. It conveys a “clean” sci-fi metropolis style that I’m very much fond of. Also the sheer scale of it is awesome.

At times it felt more awful than awesome to build ;-)

   The coloration is most pleasent and makes it look more practical and realistic.

Thanks, it’s supposed to be painted in the colourscheme that the recieving bus company desires: Here it’s HT in Copenhagen that prefers this orange with black windowframes, but a bunch of completely red London-versions has also been ordered recently.
Anyway, the lovely sunny colour inspired my to create a burning hot summerscene for the main picture: I’ve uploaded a bigger (and slightly improved) version of 800x600 pixel yesterday, but not many has found it yet, so here it is: Can you find the MG3k, hearse, and birds? ... OK then! if that wasn’t difficult enough for you, where’s the second MG3k?

   It’s almost as if we would actually see a craft like that if we ever perfected anti-grav technology. :-)

I extremely glad to get positive feedback on the fact that I tried to create a “realistic” design, that looks like it has been around, improved and simplified over ages, (for mass production) instead of a more “experimental”-look with a lot of exposed greeble, that surely would have caused much more interest in this forum and given it a lot better chance in the competition:

Apparently I’m not alone in the universe... :-D