 Space / 34855
Re: Classic Space Minifig Keychain
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 19:06:33 GMT

In lugnet.space, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   Whoa.. How did you pull out the screw-thing? Not that I’m jumping at the idea of $4 figs, but everything I tried put the fig in danger of being damaged.

I can see the clamp that holds onto the screw.. did you hold the fig in your hand and just pull? Or did you use another clamp on the fig?

Hulk is strong...Grrr! ;) I just grab the figure with my left hand, the pliers with my right, and pull. I’ve done this to about a dozen or so keychain minifigs, and the only one I’ve ever had any trouble with is the new Hagrid one. (Maybe it’s because Hagrid’s body is different and the pin is possibly embedded into more plastic, because when I pulled on it, it ripped his neck stub straight off his body. Instead of the pin coming clean out of the head like usual, his head and hair stayed on the pin, and his neck stayed inside his head!) Other than him, I’ve never had a single damaged fig.

The price was only $2.99, about that of a used one on Bricklink.

-Mike