 Space / 34761
Re: tardy civilian MOC contest entry: Black Rhino
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 2004 16:31:47 GMT

In lugnet.space, Philip Painter wrote:
Late, as usual. But here it is: The Black Rhino.

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=88955>

It features: two powerful pull-back-tek™ motors, a nuclear core similar to
the SS-A Paladin's, two charging stations for 2 airtanks each, and a complete
camera/HUD driven display for the driver.

Cool!  As a former heavy-equipment operator, I think you absolutley nailed the
bed/canopy as well as the large rubber tires.  I also really like the detailed
chamber in the truck body; great for maintenance on mining equipment! Does this
rig really have the pull back motors?

The only criticsm would be the cabin - standing in an open cabin for an 8-12
hour mine shift would probably lead to a labor union.  Not good times (at least
during negotiations).

-nk