 Space / 34873
Re: tardy civilian MOC contest entry: Black Rhino
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 23:12:09 GMT

In lugnet.space, Nick Kappatos wrote:
In lugnet.space, Philip Painter wrote:
Late, as usual. But here it is: The Black Rhino.

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=88955>

It features: two powerful pull-back-tek™ motors, a nuclear core similar to
the SS-A Paladin's, two charging stations for 2 airtanks each, and a complete
camera/HUD driven display for the driver.

Cool!  As a former heavy-equipment operator, I think you absolutley nailed the
bed/canopy as well as the large rubber tires.  I also really like the detailed
chamber in the truck body; great for maintenance on mining equipment! Does this
rig really have the pull back motors?

The only criticsm would be the cabin - standing in an open cabin for an 8-12
hour mine shift would probably lead to a labor union.  Not good times (at least
during negotiations).

-nk

Thanks for the comments, Nick.

Yep, there's two pull-back motors tied to the rear axel. It actually works quite
well on tile.

I figured there wouldn't be many fans of the cockpit. But with how bulky space
suits are at this point in time, there isn't much you can do besides stand in
them.

And cerebruminc is proud to be union-free. cerebruminc: providing jobs to kinder
galaxy-wide.