 Space / 34574
Re: My last two Civilian MOC Contest Entries
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 15:36:49 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mario Gelinas wrote:
The Space Pionneer Confederation is proud to announce two new
products for sale to any .space faction having fire problems:

    Phoenix: www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=87754
    Salamander: www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=87755

I got the idea for the Phoenix after comparing
existing contest entries and real-life civilian vehicles.  I
wanted something new and thus was born the idea of a Fire-Fighter
vehicle.

I like the general shape of the Phoenix- the hardpoints on the sides and the
little slave ships that attach make for a cool outline.  There's a good bit of
interior space as well, and plenty of play features.

I don't know, though... although it claims to be a firefighting vehicle, it just
looks like a combat ship.  Perhaps it's the color scheme and the obvious source
of parts (almost exclusively Ogel sets).  Perhaps it's the vicious-looking claws
and big barrels on the slave ships.

There's some neat parts usage on the Salamander- I like how you used the dumper
buckets and the clear red panels.  But overall it gives the impression that it's
made from what was left over from 5 Ogel bases and 8 Ogel subs.

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com