 Space / 34585
Re: My last two Civilian MOC Contest Entries
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 04:08:34 GMT

"Tony Hafner" <lego@NOSPAM.hafhead.com> wrote in

In lugnet.space, Mario Gelinas wrote:
The Space Pionneer Confederation is proud to announce two new
products for sale to any .space faction having fire problems:

         Phoenix: www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=87754
         Salamander: www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=87755

I got the idea for the Phoenix after comparing
existing contest entries and real-life civilian vehicles.  I
wanted something new and thus was born the idea of a Fire-Fighter
vehicle.

I like the general shape of the Phoenix- the hardpoints on the sides
and the little slave ships that attach make for a cool outline.
There's a good bit of interior space as well, and plenty of play
features.

I don't know, though... although it claims to be a firefighting
vehicle, it just looks like a combat ship.  Perhaps it's the color
scheme and the obvious source of parts (almost exclusively Ogel sets).
Perhaps it's the vicious-looking claws and big barrels on the slave
ships.

There's some neat parts usage on the Salamander- I like how you used
the dumper buckets and the clear red panels.  But overall it gives the
impression that it's made from what was left over from 5 Ogel bases
and 8 Ogel subs.

Damn!  I'm found out...  Yes, both the Phoenix and the Salamander were
made from Ogel bases and Ogel subs.  They were at ridiculously low prices
at TRU, so i bought their remaining stock.  I want to make a last MOC
for the contest and i wanted it to be red, wich gave me the idea of a
firefighter.  The Phoenix obsiously looks like a war machine, with all
the hoses, but imagine the water power it can blow on a fire!!! With
this many hoses in action, any fire won't last long :)

The pincers on the slave ships of the phoenix are the equivalent of
the axes for firemen (i.e. breaking stuff up to clear a path to move).
The barels on the arms are small hydrant hoses.  Of course, the supply
for a slave ship empties fast (same problem as the Phoenix itself :(  )
meaning it will have to resupply often.

Thanks for the feedback. It means a lot to me, as it helps me improve
my MOCs.

P.S.: the color scheme is 3vil compatible i think.  Who knows...
Maybe a future buyer for these products?