 Space / 34027
Re: Civvie space contest entry II - Aircar.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 27 May 2004 10:39:39 GMT

In lugnet.space, Ley Ward wrote:

Before I saw that you’d done so here, I was going to suggest picking up a couple of 7030s. I think these little sets get overlooked, and this one in particular has some especially useful parts (apart from those round black rubber thingys.)

I like the slick tyres. I’m quite staggered that this set was so hard to find. It’s still 2004 isn’t it? It’s a 2004 set isn’t it? Cripes.

   That’s a great use of those headlight pieces; love the angle. And, way to build a cool MOC to show them off. I love it when those little ‘studies’ lead to something this cool. As for the landing gear, you are the king of refinement. Keep playing...

Thanks. Speaking of refinement, since I now have another one of those lightbar pieces in red, I decided to remodel the rear end to match the front. I wanted to do this originally, but didn’t have the part. So, regardevous!

Now I’m happy with it. No more fiddling.

   Oh, and that soft focus yellow canopy is so full of nostalgia for a simpler time... ah....

I missed Blacktron when they were new. That part was from a secondhand lot, so I didn’t know which set it came from - it was just the right size. I was originally going to use the 6x3x1 tr. yellow slope from classic space, but it didn’t work out.

   As for your wife, she should be proud of you and you should take her out for dinner or something, you know ‘return’ the few hours...

Actually, we did go out for dinner that night... Not sure if she’s all that proud of my legoing though.

In lugnet.space, Gil Shaw wrote:

   Allow me to curse you for both your possession of a Blacktron canopy, and your mad-dog landing gear skillz.

Oh No! I am cursed!

   I’m formulating a theory that the southern hemisphere doesn’t filter the sun’s radiation as efficently, giving rise to innovative MOC building mutants.

Overcompensation for an inferiority complex perhaps?

   Amazing as per... :)

Thanks Gil.

Cheers,

Allister