 Space / 33993
Re: Civvie space contest entry II - Aircar.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 26 May 2004 17:52:08 GMT

In lugnet.space, Allister McLaren wrote:
   Alright it’s not really space, but it is sci fi. It’s a personal aircar for zipping around the skylanes of the cities of the future.

This sort of grew out from the arrangement ot the headlight pieces which I threw together in an idle moment on Sunday. Of course I ended up spending a few hours finishing it off after that much to my wife’s chagrin :). The landing gear took a bit of refinement, but it was worth the effort I think.

Clikken ze picture.

Cheers,

Allister

Before I saw that you’d done so here, I was going to suggest picking up a couple of 7030s. I think these little sets get overlooked, and this one in particular has some especially useful parts (apart from those round black rubber thingys.) But, I digress...

That’s a great use of those headlight pieces; love the angle. And, way to build a cool MOC to show them off. I love it when those little ‘studies’ lead to something this cool. As for the landing gear, you are the king of refinement. Keep playing...

Oh, and that soft focus yellow canopy is so full of nostalgia for a simpler time... ah....

As for your wife, she should be proud of you and you should take her out for dinner or something, you know ‘return’ the few hours...

Peace and refinement,

Professor Whateverly