 Space / 33883
  New MOC: The Crimson Star

Hello .spacers, I'm a long time lurker, and this is my first real Lugnet post. I've started building the first stuff I think is any good out of my dark ages, and here's my first completed new MOC, the Crimson Star: (URL) Please let me know what you (...) (20 years ago, 23-May-04, to lugnet.space, FTX) !

  Re: New MOC: The Crimson Star

(...) Very cool. That's a top notch ship for a first time poster. :) Sounds like you drew some inspiration from Anime like Macross Plus. Nice color scheme. You don't see too many LEGO MOC spaceships in red. This ship would look way cool next to a (...) (20 years ago, 23-May-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: The Crimson Star

(...) I think you should have stopped lurking and started posting a while ago! The ship is wonderful--I love that dark red. Excellent usage of the limited selection of parts! The shape is very pleasing to the eye. all best LFB (20 years ago, 23-May-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: The Crimson Star

(...) Excelent sleek shape! Love the engine covers and the weponry is demon! All in all A-. Wait!....you included a Sig-Fig Piolet? A+! GOOD SHOW! (20 years ago, 23-May-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: The Crimson Star

(...) Welcome to Lugnet! Glad to have you. As for this awesome moc...wow. This thing is wicked cool. Great lines, great colors, perfect greebling (especially the dark grey bits). And that nifty display stand you made is pretty neat in its own right. (...) (20 years ago, 24-May-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: The Crimson Star

(...) Sweeeet. I particuarly like the, uh, fin things on the very outside edge, they have a neat mix of smooth red and what looks like black hydraulic rams or some such. I look forward to seeing more stuff from you. -Dan Rubin Chair of the (...) (20 years ago, 24-May-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: The Crimson Star

(...) Thanks for the compliments everyone... hydraulic-like thingies was exactly what I was going for there ;) the attachment is pretty tenuous, but as long as you don't poke them, they hold together. Matthew (20 years ago, 24-May-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: The Crimson Star

(...) I can see it now: "The Crimson Star. Sleek. Powerful. Deadly. She inspires fear in the hearts of her enemies. Just don't poke the winglets." Heh. Seriously, how tenuous is tenuous? I didn't see a good picture of the link between those parts (...) (20 years ago, 24-May-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: The Crimson Star

Matthew! Glad to see ya aboard! Hey spacers Matt is a Dixielugger and a superb builder. Not only that... he is a tru space.er. Check this out: (URL) This MOC by the way isn't just SNOT it's a SINUS infection (Studs In No Ususal Space). If I remember (...) (20 years ago, 24-May-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: The Crimson Star

(...) The link is a 1x1 with horizontal clip attaching the 1x8 red plate to the engine, set at an angle. Attached to this clip is a (URL) 1x1 with vertical clip>. A black light saber rod is connected into that clip, holding it into place fairly (...) (20 years ago, 24-May-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: The Crimson Star

(...) Sorry to reply to my own post, but I realized after writing that overly complicated description that there's a pic of the winglets from the rear:(URL). That shows the connection between the winglets and the body and the hydraulic dealies and (...) (20 years ago, 24-May-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: The Crimson Star

Welcome! I hope we see more of you in the near future. (...) Whoa. I need to go lie down for a while. That's one sexy MOC you got there. It's got everything I like, too: smooth funky shape, greebs aplenty and cool spiky antennae :). For some reason (...) (20 years ago, 24-May-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: The Crimson Star

(...) OOOH! spikey sleek-me like! great job, no more dark ages for you! Jeff (20 years ago, 25-May-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: The Crimson Star

(...) Yay! I must say that its partially people like Soren who kept me from posting for so long ;) From slick little power suits to giant capital ships... you guys are all really good and a tough act to follow. I hope you don't mind, but I uh... (...) (20 years ago, 25-May-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: The Crimson Star

(...) Cool. Copy away, I love it when people put a new spin on my stuff. Pics? (...) Pleae do, I want to whoosh this thing so bad. Soren (20 years ago, 25-May-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: The Crimson Star

(...) I built it the night before a DixieLUG event, and then Chris nabbed it, so I haven't taken any pics, but here's one of his: (URL) (20 years ago, 25-May-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: The Crimson Star

(...) (URL) (...) This is wild...a little bit manga...a little bit star wars and a whole lotta cool. The weapons package give it a sense of an insect with tentrils pointed forward for the attack. Nifty cockpit construction too...nice to see a break (...) (20 years ago, 26-May-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)