 Space / 33739
Re: Civilian MOC Contest : Tow Truck
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 17 May 2004 15:54:54 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jean-Pascal Rignault wrote:
   Hi all,

With all these new hover cars hovering around, one may say there is room for a tow truck (are you really sure your car is reliable?).

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/JPascal/TowTruck/01.jpg

Post moderation : http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=83200

PLMKWYT!

Cheers,

JP.

Well, JP, this is up to your usual standard. It has a real ‘tug-boat meets Mack truck’ feel to it. The running boards are cool and really contribute to both the tug and the truck qualities. I like the bottom detail with the 3x12 wedges. (I’m surprised that Paul didn’t mention them ;-) That oversized tow-hook looks nasty, like some backwoods tow truck ready to further mangle your fancy but, alas, malfunctioning sport-hover-racer-custom-speeder. I’m not sure that that isn’t a weapon ;-)

My minor quibble is that the (very cool) bionicle-tooth ‘lights’ on the sides don’t stand out enough next to the red. I wonder if a different coloured stripe or something would help that?

Very impressive overall, though. Well done. Oh, and that zebra striped headrest is ‘icing on the cake’.

Peace and hooks,

Professor Whateverly

Oh, PS. You’ve so clearly mastered SNOT building that I almost forgot to mention it. This one just looks so natural, unlike some things which seem to say “Look ye upon my SNOT and tremble” Morveilleuse!