 Space / 33179
Re: Minor threat: BotFly MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 20:17:25 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer wrote:

   Thank you for creating the single scariest name for a MOC since “Candiru”.

You are most welcome, of course. Words are like Lego; you put them together and sometimes they just work. This ties in with a theory I have about Lego being like language. Pieces are words, so one’s collection is one’s vocabulary... I’ll spare you the long-winded writeup. Here’s the short form: On Lugnet the ‘writing’ ranges from technical and desriptive (technic, trains) to fantastical and poetic (castle, space, sculpture...) and so on. I think I’m drawn to space because of the twin poles of poetry and science, (Is your MOC swooshable? and how does it land?) which keeps it interesting.

Thanks for reminding me of the Candiru. I took a closer look. (everyone should) It has a very Jade Empire feel to it with the colour sceme and the somewhat zoomorphic quality, even without dino-tails. ( I feel another sub-theme coming on: PJE ;-)

   Aside from this, your usual bizarre building style is represented well.

Nice...and... Shudder.

j o n http://zemi.net

And thank you for the comments. Shudder indeed; sometimes I scare myself too...

Peace and language,

Professor Whateverly

Ps. “Language is a virus from outer space...”