 Space / 33009
    Jade Empire K —Chris Giddens
   With all these photos of JE ships being published, its time to declassify one. The Jade Empire Koutetsu Armed "Explorer" (URL) These ships are a one man craft with many of the capabilities of the original PCS HopLab. PCS ref link (URL) But the JE (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

        Re: Jade Empire K —Jean-Pascal Rignault
     Nice ship! The canopy, with this rounded shape, reminds me of the movie Dune, when the worm "space pilot" is seen in its container. The color scheme (sand-green and red bits) works very well. IMO sand green is a neutral color, a little bit sad, (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: Jade Empire K —Keith Goldman
     Chris this is a cool ship, with all the outstanding, unconventional design features that we have all come to appreciate from you. However, its too PCS looking for me, and I realize you addressed that issue in you post, but I'm still forced to ask (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

         Re: Jade Empire K —Chris Giddens
     (...) Eh, I completely understand your point and also realize I build "PCSly" :-) And I was building in "my little universe" and it's ok, they know me there. Heck, I can't remember the spellin' of the name of this ship without going back and lookin (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

         Re: Jade Empire K —Leonard Hoffman
     (...) Chris, There is no reason to be so polite to Keith. You gotta be all like "I AM CHRIS GIDDENS, YOU WILL BOW BEFORE ME FOR I AM THE SPACE" and then kick keith in the shins. Keith won't do anything cuz he's a pansy. He's just jealous that IR (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

         Re: Jade Empire K —Andrew Saada
     (...) Hah hah haha. I like this Lenyu fellow. -\^/ernd/-\* *this character to be revealed in due time... (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

         Re: Jade Empire K —Ley Ward
     (...) Yeah, he's a gas. But he's um, volatile and (URL) insidious.> ;-) (...) So, um... you stepped through the looking glass but got slightly transposed? I can hardly wait. Peace and decryption, Professor Whateverly (URL) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: Jade Empire K —Jon Palmer
     "Chris Giddens" <cgidd1@aol.com> wrote in message news:HwGCxv.1EFv@lugnet.com... (...) one. (...) Not much else to say that I didn't get across in chat. I love it. I love the cylindrical cockpit shape. Very inspiring. [ j o n ] (URL) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Jade Empire K —Leonard Hoffman
     (...) What I love the most about this thing is that, at least to me, it is a visual connection between Ryan's more organic JE-style, and Keith's more angular style. I disagree with Keith, I don't think this looks PCS at all. It feels to me like JE (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: Jade Empire K —Andrew Saada
     (...) Chris, This is a very cool addition to the expanding realm of the JE. I too particularly like the underside and I also find the near-cylindrical cockpit intriguing. I think this picture shows the ship less "PCSly": (URL) The overall form has (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: Jade Empire K —Kenn Oldham
     (...) I so like the underside of this ship. Also, from what I can tell about the Jade Empire concept, I like how the Chinese Guard hat up front works both asthetically and symbolically. Kenn (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: Jade Empire K —Ryan Wood
     Chris, your models are always really easy to identify by your unique building style. As a couple guys have mentioned, this has a real PCS feel to it, meaning it has great coloring with perfect greebling and innovative parts use. I like your cockpit (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: Jade Empire K —Ley Ward
     (...) Input: This ship, of course, rocks. While I do see the PCS influence, (and what's wrong with having a recognizable style?) it seems fitting for an empire that might be a little more prone to 'borrowing' stuff that works from its 'neighbours' (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: Jade Empire K —John Henry Kruer
   (...) I don't known about this one. I don't mean to slam you or anything, but this MOC doesn't really do anything for me. The cockpit idea is interesting, but I dunno. It looks too much like a jumble of LOM engine blocks with engines and stuff (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)