 Space / 32697
Re: shizzolate my ride
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 04:58:30 GMT

In lugnet.space, Felix Greco wrote:

Hello Felix, I’m a fan of your customs for quite some time now.. You did a great work on most of them including this one too.. Man, that is damn funny ! And I had to post it’s link on the FBTB forums, people there could use a good laugh once in a while !

Whoa! What a cool compliment. Thanks, man. While the kind words are flowing, I have to tell you that after you posted the Death Pod-010XC I went out and bought a bunch of mini-sets. You have a knack with technical form I realy like.

Yeah, those mini-sets are quite useful. They have these wierd Star Wars pictures on the outside, but they have many cool parts, especially the 4485 Mini Podracers or as I think of it the ‘SNOT value pack.’

The way you did the nose and the mouth is just ingenious, well done custom for sure.

Keep them coming.

Cool! The Snoop Six-Fo is actually a teaser for something to come. One of the things I’ve been playing with is how to make lego portray recognizable forms. The dicovery channel did this great special on how we recognize faces. I took away from it some ideas about how to mold lego in such a way that you can recognize forms (like a dog or something). I’m not saying I have it mastered, but I’m trying ;)

Felix

I’d like to say ‘me too’ to many of the responses, but this one’s actually in english, so may I just say, that’s one cool MOC. Well, if you haven’t mastered it, you’ve gotten very close.(1) I was just talking about the use of facial imagery in design. I believe we are predisposed to seeing faces (cf. the face on Mars) everywhere, but designs like yours leave no doubt. I’m reminded of Wile E. Coyote. Keep up the good work!

Peace and countenances,

Professor Whateverly

(1) You’ve got to face the facts, man.;-)