 Space / 32354
  Re: Open the pod bay doors, HAL.

(...) Yeah, to be honest I'm not really sure why I added the I. Various references call it the Discovery, Discovery One or Discovery I. Throughout the novel 2001 it's simply referred to as the Discovery and the second ship is referred to as the (...) (20 years ago, 26-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Open the pod bay doors, HAL.

(...) Just adding another Me Too. This was so stunning that I spent the last couple of days thinking about it to the point I dug out the movie and watched it again. I thought I'd point out that they do, in fact, refer to it as Discovery I at the (...) (20 years ago, 29-Mar-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Open the pod bay doors, HAL.

In lugnet.space, Wayne McCaul wrote: snip (...) Cool, thanks for the additional info! I guess in the end it's more a matter of preference as it is commonly referred to with and without the 'I'. (...) I've actually prototyped a bit of it. My biggest (...) (20 years ago, 29-Mar-04, to lugnet.space)