 Space / 32290
Re: Space MOC: Teardrop
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 00:38:09 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tony Hafner wrote:

   Wow... two responses so far, and they’re both complaining about the colors. I’d probably just dismiss it if you didn’t both mention it in no uncertain terms. Perhaps this sounds dense, but in all seriousness I’d like to know exactly what you mean.

Okay, I’ll try to be more clear.

   The color scheme is: primarily white plus greyscale (white, grey, dark grey, black)

That, in itself, is the problem. Having white, gray, dark gray AND black on one small ship makes it look crowded.

   Red canopy

If the entire ship was only while with black engines, then trans-red would look fine, but with grayscale it just adds to the confusion.

   ...and then tiny details that are supposed to stand out:
- black/yellow danger stripes on the landing gear
- antifreeze gun tips

It sounds like you don’t even like the basic color scheme (greyscale plus red glass). Or is it the addition of the yellow and antifreeze that puts it over the edge?

It’s the grayscale I don’t like. White/black works, as does gray/dark gray, white/dark gray, black/gray etc...but not all of them together.

   And in related news, I do already have another color variant that I just posted: http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=32283. Hm... it happens to have off-color danger stripes, too...

This ship is a great improvement, IMHO. The simple yellow/gray colors look very good together and the other colors (red/white/chrome) do not distract.

Hope this helps,

Nathan Wells
http://www.lugnet.com/~1850/

“I’m a castle fan who builds spaceships, got a problem with that?”
- Me, during a debate with my friends