 Space / 32284
Re: Space MOC: Teardrop
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 22:45:44 GMT

In lugnet.space, Nathan Wells wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Tony Hafner wrote:
   Here’s the tiny Teardrop:

Hmmm...well, I like the shape and the landing gear...

...but...

...IMHO...

I HATE THE COLORS!

Sorry to be blunt, but none of them seem to match one another and the trans-red canopy look waaaaaaaaaaay out of place. I think the ship would look better if it was completly white with black highlights and a trans-smoke canopy.

Wow... two responses so far, and they’re both complaining about the colors. I’d probably just dismiss it if you didn’t both mention it in no uncertain terms.

Perhaps this sounds dense, but in all seriousness I’d like to know exactly what you mean. The color scheme is:
- Primarily white plus greyscale (white, grey, dark grey, black)
- Red canopy
...and then tiny details that are supposed to stand out:
- black/yellow danger stripes on the landing gear
- antifreeze gun tips

It sounds like you don’t even like the basic color scheme (greyscale plus red glass). Or is it the addition of the yellow and antifreeze that puts it over the edge?

And in related news, I do already have another color variant that I just posted: http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=32283. Hm... it happens to have off-color danger stripes, too...

AndroDan
   Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com