 Space / 31546
Re: Hover Sleds
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 29 Feb 2004 21:34:32 GMT

In lugnet.space, David Laswell wrote:

   It took me a while to figure out the last bit, but here’s what I’m seeing. At first it looks like you’ve got a main body that ends with a 2x6 plate, a 2x2 45 slope, a 1x2 plate w/ 1 stud, a 1x1 plate, and a 1x1 tile w/ clip stacked together to form a flat surface on the back end. Then you’ve got a tail section that’s built with a pair of chairs that sandwich a 2x2 plate, 2x2 45 slopes (or a pair of 1x2 45 slopes) attached to the chairs, with a 1x2 brick sandwiched between the lower half of the slopes and 1x2 grilles on the studs, again making a fully smooth surface on the front surface, requiring either modified pieces or double-sided tape to hold them together. Then I realized that there isn’t a 1x1 plate at the top of the stack, nor is there a 2x2 plate between the chairs. The 1x1 plate is actually this piece and the 2x2 plate is actually this piece.

That’s almost exactly right! The 1x1 plate with clip (or whatever it’s called), is one of my favorite pieces. In the place of the 2x2 corner plate that you suggested, I actually used a 1x2 plate, so it’s only covering the back. The 2x2 corner plate would work well too though.

-Elroy