 Space / 31486
Re: New MOC: F-38 Impulse
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 17:14:58 GMT

In lugnet.space, Bram Lambrecht wrote:
   Here’s my minifig scale entry for Jon’s P-38 Lightning contest

F-38
Impulse

The intakes on the front are built in 5 different directions if you
include the text on the outside and the vents on the inside. It was
tricky to get the 38 in the small space, but I think it came out
pretty well. I also tried to make the model mostly studless, cause
it just looks better that way! :)
Please let me know what you think! Comments, criticisms, questions,
etc. encouraged,
--Bram

   Bram Lambrecht
www.bldesign.org

Once again you wow us. I especially like the contrast between the red ‘cladding’ and the gray greebled parts. It looks as if more cladding could have been on it at one time, but it’s been removed for weight reduction or speed or ease of access. Those vestigial wings are just enough to say “P-38” without stirring up the ‘wings in space’ debate. It would have been great even without the number 38, but that detail cranks it up another notch. Keep covering those studs.

Peace and studlessness,

Professor Whateverly