 Space / 31482
31481  |  31483
Subject:
A'Omar Battlestation Light Attack Carrier (was Re: B'Omar and F'Omar Deep Space Fighters)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 05:13:19 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.space, Paul Baulch wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Richie Dulin wrote:
   Wow! Three space MOCs in a day. I may have to stop claiming not to be much of a space fan.

Well, you’ve got the space MOC blurb down pat:

Often the blurb can really set up the MOC, so it’s worth taking the time...

   The B’Omar and F’Omar Deep Space Fighters are microscale fighters clearly inspired by a certain Star Wars set... not necessarily a set that you might think would inspire deep space fighter design. • -snip- I am currently building the A’Omar Battlestation - a light attack carrier, which will transport and resupply four B’Omar and two F’Omar Deep Space Fighters.

I look forward to seeing it. Keep up the good (space) work!

Thanks! Here is the A’Omar, zooming in with its deadly cargo
of B’Omars and F’Omars:

And then it swooshes off, to take station outside the field of battle:

The A’Omar Battlestation is armed with a single axial
hypersuperturbomegalaser (under the hood at the bow) and eight
point defense lightturbolasers. Its role is to carry, supply and
repair its fighter complement.

Its design is quite boring. Mostly studs up, mostly grey, and
hardly original in styling. Maybe some more MOC blurb would help:

The A’Omar boasts depleted adamantium battle armour, and a
stealth package based on the tried and tested U-Screen
technology. The sensor package is basic, but effective, and can
easily be supplemented by one of its complement of B’Omar Deep
Space Fighters acting in a recon role.

Power is from a Phase XII triple shielded megareactor, with
drive coming from four hexplate hypergravdrives.

There are some more pics here, post moderation.

Cheers

Richie Dulin