 Space / 31374
  Pushy boy

Life is not always that easy when you work in at the shipyard, especially when you're a tug pilote.... "Pushy boy! Pushy boy!" is one of the many jokes you'll hear in your back when leaving any bar or pub. This morning again our "pushy boy" was (...) (20 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, FTX) !

  Re: Pushy boy

Totally cool! I love the Pod and the shocks and the big-giant-sucker/plunger look! Got a great belly laugh, yet the cylindrical symmetry is really terrific. Superb use of the new multi-faceted sloped 2x2 pieces in the roof of the Pod. Sweet! Dave (...) (20 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Pushy boy

Oops.... 'forgot to post the post-moderation folder link : (URL) JP. (20 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Pushy boy

Sweet. Pods never seem to go out of style, do they? I really like the join between the cockpit pod and main hull, very creative. The use of Racers slopes on the pod is also nice, the way those parts match up with the curve of the radar dishes. Soren (20 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Pushy boy

Thanks Soren! I think this join can be used on larger ships, to attach 2 engines on both sides for example. At least I will try! I especially like the 45 deg. angle it creates. JP. (20 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Pushy boy

(...) Wow! I love it! Using those 'bicep' curves on the top of the pod part is wonderful...consider it on my to-steal list ;) The pushing cannister looks excellent as well...a real sense of power in such a compact craft. Truly excellent. Cheers, (...) (20 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Pushy boy

(...) Neat. The joining mechanism is really cool; it looks like it could be used to build some tri-wing ships too (like a better version of the Skyhopper). Very clever. John (20 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Pushy boy

(...) Well done JP. I always like a good utility ship. It looks like it can really move some massive ships. The short story line really sets the scene. -Captain John “aka Mark Mueller” Founder and Chairman of StarBrew Brewing Co. (URL) (20 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Pushy boy

(...) I'm not generally a fan of so-called "pods", but the pod makes a very nice cockpit in this case. The curve pieces and hinging mechanism are nice, though the interior that is exposed when you open it seems like it is haphazardly colored. (...) (20 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Pushy boy

(...) Surely you jest. Pods are the greatest thing since sliced pods. Have a pod-dy day, -Gil ;) (20 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Pushy boy

(...) Is this some kind of pod-dy humor? Har, har, har, har. -Captain John “aka Mark Mueller” Founder and Chairman of StarBrew Brewing Co. (URL) (20 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Pushy boy

Thanks Tony! I came first with an other cockpit design, but it was too big regarding the engine size. The pod came very quickly, that's why I didn't really paid a lot of attention / details to the colors and so on. The octogonal ring of red light (...) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Pushy boy

Thanks Gil! Did you see the curves are also on the back of the pod? Power, power! You need power when you talk about tug, don't you? Basically one big engine and a pilote! Cheers, JP. (20 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Pushy boy

Hi Tony, I've just uploaded two pictures of the back of the ship : (URL) and (URL) Cheers, JP. (20 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Pushy boy

(...) Hi JP. Thanks for putting up the extra pics. I knew those round black rubber things would find some use. ;-) But seriously, that's an excellent 'tug' (I know, it pushes. Does that make it an anti-tug?). It looks powerful and the smooth (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Pushy boy

(...) You mean the black particule accelerator / radiation shield at the end of the engine? Of course they're useful, he he! (...) Thanks Prof! Peace and push, JP. (20 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)