 Space / 31179
Re: P-380 Corona - P-38 Lightning Space Submission
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 03:41:01 GMT

John Henry Kruer wrote:
In lugnet.space, Anthony Babington wrote:

please let me know what you think.
-Anthony

Hey, Anthony, this is  cool.  You've captured the shape and essance well and
indeed it reminds me a lot of the P-38 yet still has distinctly .space touches.
I like the cockpit area a lot, smooth but just clunky enough to look
indsustrial.  The engine idea is cool, too, although I would try beefing up the
area just behind the intake.

it's kinda tricky, I find, to get stuff around those engine pieces to
look right, but I'll see what I can do... must find more yellow greebles...

Overall, its a good moc, but I think it could become even better if it got a
good dose of studlessness, one problem encountered when you make airplanes with
big wings is that the vast array of studs are distracting- rebuilding the wings
so they are SNOTed snoped and bricks would be great, making the ship really
smooth, although a few well-placed tiles can do wonders, as well.

I thought about doing wings with sideways slopes, but they didn't look
right to me... maybe I'm just too used to plate wings, but they seemed
too thick for the model. thanks for the feedback.

<http://www.deepspace.jhkruer.com
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/Space/me.jpg
-JHK >>