 Space / 3114
Re: Space Weaponry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 01:01:09 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mikohl Moree writes:
We have all enjoyed the Space themes, all the way back into Classic to Star
Wars. My only complaint about Space is the arsenal. I'm not sure when it
started, but Space became a Battlezone just as much as an exploring zone.
That's why Lego equipped our fav. minifigs with guns. The same has happened
with Star Wars. The only thing wrong with this is that many of the pieces used
as handheld guns, could have a totally different meaning in another theme. For
example, the long gray, black, and white guns, are used as TV Camera's in the
town theme. In Star Wars, the black megaphones from town are being used as
plasma guns. And none can forget the classic small laser guns from Blactron II
through Spyrius and into other themes, that actually looked liked a • flashlight!
Sure you could use the Dual Handled Chainsaw Tool Header from Ice Planet 2002
as a two-handed gun, but it was more like a chainsaw driller holder thingy • than
a weapon. All in all, I think Lego could do better. I mean if it was okay to
have muskets and flintlocks in Pirates, and revolvers and rifles in Wild West,
than Lego shouldn't have to worry about to much violence in their toys for
Space. I hope I proved a point, does anyone else have comments to add-on?

  You forgot about the gun that premiered in Exploriens, it had one handle,
a "sight", and the barrel.  The barrel could have small translucent cones
attached to make it a laser, or the small dish made it a scanner.
  Besides that I like MAKING my weaponry.  That way you have an original
arsenal and it can shoot any type of ray, beam, projectile you decide.
  I don't think Lego is worried about the violence part, they just realize we
do fine, for the most part, without.
  I not opposed to the idea of pre-fabricated space weaponry, I just don't
think it's necessary.
                                       Nathan Falslev
                                       nfalslev@netscape.net

                                       Exploria Main Interface-