 Space / 30691
Re: .Space Squares Beware
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 02:12:21 GMT

In lugnet.space, John Henry Kruer wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Daniel Rubin wrote:
   I’ve heard talk of this evil around here for awhile, but I’ve never seen one, until now. It’s... the Space Hippies! Both are powered by insidious free-love drives.

These are great- I’ve thought of doing a space hippy line, but it looks like you’ve beat me to it. That fighter thing is really nice- the flower look of those blades are ingenious, yet those laser thingies makes it look like it means business. And the shuttle is great in its way too- the blockiness really works here, and I love all the stickers- where did you get all of them? :) Any interior to the thing?

The Space Cadillac is neat too,although I think it is perhaps a little too blocky in-between the large wedge segments.

Good work!

-JHK

Thanks!

I bought Avery transparent inkjet labels and then made the designs in photoshop. I made a pretty nice tie-dye shirt for one of them, but it’s not really visible in any of the pictures. I put a bed in the back, but it’s practically invisible, also, a discoball thing and a sorta lava-lamp (it would’ve been better, but I can’t get my hands on a clear 1x1 cone).

I would’ve liked it if I could have made the caddy a little more rounded, but the blockiness was neccesary for the suicide-doors to be able to open all the way, assuming that is the blockiness to which you refer.

-Daniel Rubin