 Space / 30596
Re: I got a bigger gun...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 06:37:56 GMT

In lugnet.space, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Derek Schin wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Sean Forbes wrote:
   Spamcake containment has come a long way in the face of such rampant 3vil. The ammunition is securely sealed away. I may be fearless, but I ain’t crazy. The lab boys assure me that the coloring on it and the ammo pack is merely representational. Much like painting the nosecone of a Nuke red, or that eerie fleebnork-colored glow the food gives off when it’s the GA’s turn to cook for the troops.

Sorry to be a pedant, but we don’t really paint the nosecone of nukes red.

Who is “we: in this context? :-)

I think he was talking ‘bout the russkies and Dr. No’s nukes. :-)

I never meant to imply any sort of ‘we’, actually, just that if a hypothetical someone were to have a nuke, or many nukes, and they wanted to make up a color coding systems to keep from getting thier nukes mixed in with say, their standard ordinance, biochemichal warheads, etc. etc. They might designate certain color schemes, such as a basic red, to avoid potential bad feelings over a mis-designated missle. Much as whatever “We” you speak for has decided to paint them a really nice shade of black, or the 3vil Grand Admiral might be inclined to draw little skull faces on the front in case someone might actually look up and say “Oh, that’s kind of cool.” right before being nuked into the ground.