 Space / 30334
Re: Come listen to a story but a spacer named Jed...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:46:34 GMT

In lugnet.space, Adrian Drake wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Ley Ward wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Adrian Drake wrote:
   Another entry for the Travis Kunce Aircar contest:

Adrian

I laughed until I cried. (commencing backwoods drawl;) Ah do believe y’all has outdid yerself. (end backwoods drawl.) Well done again Adrian. (of course, it’s evil how you lodged that song in my head.)

Song viruses are fun, aren’t they?

Indeed, they are, but they do leave one open to reprisals... ‘Incense and Peppermints’ is clearing my head at the moment.

In addition I just wanted to say that I really like your UPS Airvan. In fact, I just had to build one (imitation...flattery... you know.) Of course I had to give it a paint job. I hope you don’t mind. I’ll be putting some pictures up soon.

Hey, as long as credit is awarded, I’ve got no problem at all with people copying my designs. I do, after all, have build instructions for 2 or 3 of my creations on brickfrenzy. Just so long as you don’t try to sell it :)

Thanks Adrian

Credit wherever due is what I say. That’s pretty easy when it’s a direct copy, a little harder when it’s just a detail. Copying can be fun and informative and a nice challenge, especially when working from a few pictures. I wouldn’t sell it even if I could. (bad Karma and all) Believe me, I wouldn’t even display it if it weren’t an ‘improvement’ in some way.

Well, it’s been lovely having this civilized chat, but I have work to do... Brace yourself.

Best regards,

Ley